Getting Help with Cerebral Palsy

If your child is diagnosed with ataxic cerebral palsy, dyskinetic cerebral palsy, or another form of this disorder, you can rely on medical professionals to make a personalized plan that will help you and your child deal with the effects of the disorder. You will need to make sure, however, that you have an affordable plan to follow through with. This can be difficult for even the most well-off parents. In some cases, you may want to consider contacting a cerebral palsy attorney to see if you have the option of filing a legal action to seek damages.


The treatments your child will need will depend upon the type and severity of the symptoms that manifest. Some of the more common and severe types of symptoms include seizures, cognitive disorders, loss of motor functions, and speech and hearing difficulties. If your

child has any of these symptoms, you may need to rely upon expensive medications to alleviate them. In other cases, you may find that your child simply needs assistive devices for walking or hearing and a physical therapy program to help them strengthen their muscles.

New treatments become available everyday for cerebral palsy symptoms. For instance, treatments that help people gain more control over their muscles sometimes use hot and cold treatments rather than relying on pharmaceuticals. In other cases, the child may be treated with new types of physical therapy that may help them to build strength in their limbs and to gain more control of their motor skills. There are always new developments, so you want to make sure you’re working with a doctor who specializes in treating children with this disorder.


One of the hardest things to deal with when you are trying to tackle the more severe symptoms of cerebral palsy is the fact that treatments can be incredibly expensive. There are cases where cerebral palsy is the direct result of medical negligence on the part of a doctor, nurse or on the part of the health care facility where the child was delivered. If you have a suspicion that this is the case, it’s best to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible as there are limits on how long you have to pursue legal action.

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


− eight = 1

CALL NOW! 1-877-405-0228
Cerebral Palsy Attorney Handling CP Claims and Lawsuits in all 50 states for your child.
Raising a child with cerebral palsy can be difficult and financially straining. Our cerebral palsy attorneys are here to represent your child's best interests in and out of court.

Contact Us Today for a


The birth injury team at the Rasansky Law Firm has the experience with and knowledge of cerebral palsy needed to zealously represent and protect both your interests and your child’s. If your child suffered a birth injury or was born with cerebral palsy, or if you need information about cerebral palsy or birth injury law, schedule a free, confidential consultation with an experienced cerebral palsy attorney by clicking using the form below or calling us toll free at 1-877-405-0228.