Cerebral Palsy Resources for Parents

If your child is diagnosed with CP, you’ll want to make sure you have all the resources you need going forward. While taking care of your child, of course, will be your primary concern, you’ll also need resources that are just for you. Here are some places to look for resources that might give you some support.

Internet Forums

Raising a child with a disability can be very tough and leave you with almost no free time. The Internet has made this much less lonely for parents. Take a look around and see if there are Internet forums, social networking groups, chat rooms and other resources where other parents with children who have disabilities meet. These other parents can be great for boosting your morale and making you feel less alone and can also provide good information, in some cases.

Charitable Organizations

For cerebral palsy, the largest organization is United Cerebral Palsy. You can use them and their webpage as starting points to find places and events at which to meet other parents and families. You’ll also be able to find a wealth of information about dealing with cerebral palsy on their site. This organization advocates for people with disabilities, so there is also usually a lot of information on legislation and legal issues.

State and Municipal Resources

Find out what departments within your state, county and city provide assistance for individuals with disabilities. There are sometimes educational resources, social events and other resources available to parents and being aware of them can be worthwhile.


Your school district may have resources available to you. At the very least, it should provide a way for you to network with other individuals who work for people with disabilities. As your child gets older, education will obviously become more of a concern and you’ll want to be more involved with your school district, in all likelihood.

There are plenty of resources out there for parents who have someone in their life with CP. There are also a lot of other parents out there who are dealing with the same challenges that you’re dealing with, and it’s a good idea to reach out to such individuals.

If a child’s birth injuries were caused by medical negligence you should contact a Dallas cerebral palsy lawyer to see about filing a lawsuit. Your child might stand to win considerable compensation for their injuries, expenses, pain and suffering.

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


nine − = 5

CALL NOW! 1-877-405-0228
Cerebral Palsy Attorney Handling CP Claims and Lawsuits in all 50 states for your child.
Raising a child with cerebral palsy can be difficult and financially straining. Our cerebral palsy attorneys are here to represent your child's best interests in and out of court.

Contact Us Today for a


The birth injury team at the Rasansky Law Firm has the experience with and knowledge of cerebral palsy needed to zealously represent and protect both your interests and your child’s. If your child suffered a birth injury or was born with cerebral palsy, or if you need information about cerebral palsy or birth injury law, schedule a free, confidential consultation with an experienced cerebral palsy attorney by clicking using the form below or calling us toll free at 1-877-405-0228.