How Do I Cope with a CP Diagnosis?

If your child is diagnosed with cerebral palsy, the initial months after you find out can be devastating. If you’re in a situation where you don’t know what to do about your baby’s birth injury, the smartest thing to do is to reach out to others who may be able to help.

Charity Organizations

There are plenty of good people who work very hard to help those with cerebral palsy and other conditions. There are also entire organizations that do nothing but this type of work. United Cerebral Palsy is the one that most people are probably familiar with. This organization has a chapter in Dallas that you can contact to get more information about what resources are available to you.

Other Parents

Remember that you don’t have to find other parents with children who have cerebral palsy to find people you can relate to. Anyone doing the hard work of raising a child who has a disability can be a great person to talk to. They’ll have some insight into what you’re likely to have to deal with, of course, and you may be able to meet friends for your own child, as well. The isolation that goes with being disabled is actually one of the hardest things about it.

Legal Help

A cerebral palsy lawyer may be able to offer you assistance, as well. They have access to resources including medical experts who can determine whether or not physician negligence was the proximate cause of your child’s CP. If it was, they may want to file a lawsuit and, if they do, they could end up winning you compensation that could help pay for treatment for your child.

The Internet

Check the Internet for forums and sites that have to do with cerebral palsy. They are out there and they’re great places to meet other parents and to see how they cope with the challenges of this condition. You may even find that you make a lot of new friends on the group, which can be very good for your morale.

If your child has cerebral palsy specifically because a doctor or a healthcare company did not come through on their obligations to your family, make sure you do talk to a lawyer. They very well may be able to help you by filing a lawsuit that could provide you with enough compensation to pay for your child’s medical care.

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


three − = 0

CALL NOW! 1-877-405-0228
Cerebral Palsy Attorney Handling CP Claims and Lawsuits in all 50 states for your child.
Raising a child with cerebral palsy can be difficult and financially straining. Our cerebral palsy attorneys are here to represent your child's best interests in and out of court.

Contact Us Today for a


The birth injury team at the Rasansky Law Firm has the experience with and knowledge of cerebral palsy needed to zealously represent and protect both your interests and your child’s. If your child suffered a birth injury or was born with cerebral palsy, or if you need information about cerebral palsy or birth injury law, schedule a free, confidential consultation with an experienced cerebral palsy attorney by clicking using the form below or calling us toll free at 1-877-405-0228.