What To Do If Your Child Is Diagnosed With CP

If your child is diagnosed with CP, it will usually be shortly after they’re born. It used to be detected later, in some cases, but this is less common these days because of the improvements in scanning technology and laboratory testing. A CP diagnosis is a serious issue and you have to be prepared to deal with the fallout.

1: Talk to an Expert

Not all doctors are experts in cerebral palsy. The doctor that diagnoses your child can likely send you to a specialist that will be able to let you know what to expect and what level of care your child is likely to need. It won’t immediately be apparent whether or not your child needs a great deal of care, in some instances, because they won’t have begun to use their fine motor skills yet and they obviously won’t be speaking for some time. The doctor, however, can prepare you for what’s ahead.

2: Talk to a Support Organization

There are many different organizations out there that help people cope with cerebral palsy. United Cerebral Palsy is one of the most well-known of these organizations. They may be able to help you deal with the issues you’re going to face by providing you with access to a network of people who face the same challenges that you do every day and who have found ways to overcome them.

3: Talk to an Attorney

The treatment of cerebral palsy can be very expensive. A cerebral palsy lawyer may be able to help you put together a lawsuit if a doctor, nurse or healthcare facility was negligent in their delivery of care for you and your infant. If this is the case, the lawyer can sometimes negotiate a settlement with the defendant, as well, which can result in a considerable amount of money for the plaintiff. It will depend, however, upon the strength of the case and, if it goes to court, the jury to determine whether or not you receive any money.

A Texas cerebral palsy lawyer will need to determine how long you actually have to sue and, because of that, it’s best to get in touch with them right away. You may not have long to wait. If you just want information, most lawyers will sit down with you for a free consultation where they’ll let you know how the process of filing a lawsuit works.

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


3 + = seven

CALL NOW! 1-877-405-0228
Cerebral Palsy Attorney Handling CP Claims and Lawsuits in all 50 states for your child.
Raising a child with cerebral palsy can be difficult and financially straining. Our cerebral palsy attorneys are here to represent your child's best interests in and out of court.

Contact Us Today for a


The birth injury team at the Rasansky Law Firm has the experience with and knowledge of cerebral palsy needed to zealously represent and protect both your interests and your child’s. If your child suffered a birth injury or was born with cerebral palsy, or if you need information about cerebral palsy or birth injury law, schedule a free, confidential consultation with an experienced cerebral palsy attorney by clicking using the form below or calling us toll free at 1-877-405-0228.